All Hines Office Buildings and Common areas are served by emergency generators. In the event of power failure, these generators will provide emergency power for certain basic building functions. Those functions include:
- Activating emergency lights on each floor throughout the building, including all Exit signs.
- Activating all stairwell lighting.
- Activating the building’s emergency Fire, Life and Safety Systems as well as the building’s communication systems.
- Recalling all elevators to the ground floor lobby. (One elevator will remain operative for use by security to assist handicapped persons or to take service crews and equipment into the building, as needed.)
- It is seldom necessary to evacuate the building during a power failure. Unless you are directed to do so through the emergency communication system, please remain in your offices.
Please…DO NOT CALL the Management Office unless you need to notify us of the location of a disabled employee.