Hines is committed to managing and operating Columbia Square in as sustainable a manner as practical. Below is a list of just a few of the sustainable programs in place at Columbia Square.
- Columbia Square has earned the Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR® label for over 10 years and we continue to re-certify our ENERGY STAR designation on an annual basis.
- USGBC LEED-EB® O&M: Silver. US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environment Design Existing Building, Operations and Maintenance silver certification.
- Base building water fixtures such as toilets and sink aerators have been changed to meet current water conservation requirements.
- An active recycling program which includes mixed paper, co-mingled, cardboard and batteries.
- Light bulb recycling of all base building light fixtures.
- Green Cleaning processes and products employed by our janitorial staff.
- Purchase of certified green products for office functions.
- Preferred parking spaces for qualified low emission vehicles.
- Electrical Vehicle Car Charging Station.
- Ecological on-site car washing and detailing service that consumes only 1/4 gallon of water and uses biodegradable products.
- Green Tenant Construction guidelines.
- Tenant sustainability education programs.
- Sustainability Stewards.
- Facility Manager and Office Manager training meetings.
- Earth Day Fair.
- Hines GO (Green Office).
- Hines GO (Green Office) for Tenants.
Hines is happy to talk to individual Tenants wishing to learn about various programs they can pursue that support sustainable operations for both their own operations and the building.
Please refer to the Tenant Construction Manual (opens in a new window) for details concerning sustainable guidelines concerning tenant construction.